Leibl & Kirkwood   Leibl & Kirkwood
Vistors Visas

Visas-H-1B Professionals H-1B Professionals Immigration Lawyer
Visas- L-1 Intracompany Transfers L-1 Intracompany TransfersImmigration Lawyer
E-1/E-1 Investors and Traders E-1/E-2 Investors and TradersImmigration Lawyer
Visas- Chiropractors and J-1 Waivers ChiropractorsImmigration Lawyer
Visas- Physicians and J-1 Waivers TN VisasImmigration Lawyer
Visas - Athletes AthletesImmigration Lawyer
Visas- Aliens of Extraordinary Ability Aliens of Extraordinary AbilityImmigration Lawyer
Visas- Religious Workers Religious WorkersImmigration Lawyer
Visas- Fiancee Visas Fiancée VisasImmigration Lawyer
Visas- Visitors VisitorsImmigration Lawyer
Visas- Students StudentsImmigration Lawyer
Home > Visas > Chiropractors

Visas - Chiropractors

There are many foreign chiropractors that have received their education in the United States and subsequently wish to remain here to begin their employment career. Whether you attended a United States college or not, as a chiropractor, there are several options available for you to live and work in the U.S.

For chiropractors looking to work in the United States there are generally two distinct options:

Employment as a Chiropractor. The H-1B Visa is one of only 2 visas that permits a chiropractor to work in the United States in a position that primarily involves direct patient care. To qualify for an H-1B visa a foreign chiropractor must have:

  • A full-time offer of employment from a U.S. employer that guarantees payment of the prevailing wage
  • A chiropractic degree from a school in the United States or the equivalent from a foreign country
  • A chiropractic license in the state of intended employment

The H-1B visa is an option that should always be considered. Often graduates from U.S. schools obtain Optional Practical Training for one-year post graduation permitting them to work in their field. During that first year (and sometimes immediately) the chiropractor must have the employer petition for the H-1B visa to ensure there will be no gap in employment authorization.

Self-Employment as a Chiropractor. If a foreign chiropractor is looking to become a 50% partner in a practice, start their own practice or to buy an existing practice, the appropriate visa will be an E-1/E-2 Treaty Investor or Treaty Trader visa as either a trader of services or an investor in a practice. A chiropractor may also be an essential employee of a practice currently owned at least 50% by nationals or his or her treaty country.

To qualify for an E-2 investor visa the following criteria must be met:

  • The physician/investor must be a citizen of a Treaty
  • The business must be an active and ongoing business
    enterprise in the United States.
  • The physician must be a majority owner of the
    business and must be responsible for actively directing and developing the
    business operations.
  • A substantial investment of at least US $60,000.00
    must be invested in the business.
  • The business should employee 2-3 employees.

Chiropractors who are citizens of one of the following treaty countries may have the option of applying for an E-2 visa as an investor.

Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bolivia, Brunei (Borneo), Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada, China (Taiwan), Colombia, Congo, Democratic Republic of the (Kinshasa), Congo, Republic of the (Brazzaville), Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Honduras, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kyrgyz Stan, Latvia, Liberia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Yugoslavia, Zaire.

If you would like to learn more about your specific visa options please send a request to us at:


or contact

Leibl & Kirkwood
12865 Point Del Mar, Suite 190
Del Mar, CA 92014, USA
Tel. (858) 481-5211
Fax. (858) 481-7271



Website Design and Marketing